Although dental implants are the most durable, functional and aesthetically pleasing option for replacing missing teeth, they occasionally need to be restored due to physical trauma, poor dental work or other circumstances.
Hayward, California, cosmetic dentist Dr. Gary G. Fong offers exceptional dental implant restorations that look, feel and perform much like your natural teeth. If you have a damaged dental implant, please call 510-582-8727 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Fong.
Dental Implant Basics
Dental implants consist of two primary components:
- The dental implant itself, a titanium post designed to simulate a tooth root and hold a replacement tooth firmly in place
- A dental crown, which acts as the replacement tooth for the dental implant
Our dental crowns are custom made to fit your unique bite and resemble healthy, natural teeth for a seamless smile. Replacing a damaged or ill-fitting dental implant crown can restore beauty to your smile and functionality to your bite.
Benefits of Dental Implant Restorations
Properly fitting dental implants and crowns also offer oral health benefits including:
- Preventing surrounding teeth from shifting
- Encouraging bone production and preventing further jawbone loss around the missing tooth or teeth
- Preventing food particles and plaque from accumulating in the spaces left by a missing tooth
For additional information about dental implants and restorations, please see our Benefits of Dental Implants page.
If you have a damaged or poorly fitting dental implant and would like to learn if a restoration can help you, please contact Dr. Gary G. Fong today. Dr. Fong welcomes patients from the greater Hayward, Castro Valley, San Leandro and Union City, California, areas.